Investment Property Mortgages
Make your next real estate venture a walk in the mortgage park. We simplify your mortgage process. AND get your best fit and rate — to help you save thousands.
Looking at an investment property? Invest in the right mortgage
Finding the perfect mortgage fit for an investment or income property is the difference between a headache and a smile. You’ve come to the right place — better mortgages are our specialty.
Whether you’re purchasing a property for rental income or the future resale of the property, or both — for this type of mortgage, you’ll need at least a 20% down payment.
The friendly Mortgage brokers at iMortgage Canada can help sort through the details and outline flexible solutions that work for you. We access many lenders on your behalf, not just one, to find the right mortgage product for your situation.
Invest with confidence — we’re here to help. Contact us, or Apply Online now to start your easy, stress-free mortgage experience. There’s no cost to you, and no obligation.
Here’s what your investment property mortgage can do for you
- Provide options of fixed, variable and adjustable rate mortgages
- Allow competitive rates, though lenders may charge a small premium
- Give you up to 80% Loan-to-Value (LTV) for a 1-4 unit rental property
- Offer extended amortizations up to 30 years
We’ll help you invest in flexibility and savings for your better mortgage:
- Purchase or refinance your investment property up to 80% LTV
- Benefit from our competitive interest rates and NO application fees
- Appreciate the payment flexibility that comes with an extended amortization
- Get the right help to purchase your investment property in a cost-effective manner
- Enjoy the convenience of one mortgage and one monthly payment
Why is your investment property mortgage referred to as ‘traditional’?
A traditional mortgage has a minimum 20% down payment — and therefore doesn’t need mortgage default insurance. Also referred to as a conventional mortgage, it means that you’ll have more options and flexibility, compared to a high-ratio mortgage that requires insurance and comes with higher premiums.
How are your mortgage rates affected with a property investment?
Many lenders will offer their best rates with a small premium. The friendly Mortgage brokers at iMortgage Canada will check with many accredited lenders (not just one) to get you the best rate for your situation.
What about your amortization?
If you have 20% to put down, have good credit and income, you’ll likely qualify for a 30 year amortization (depending on the lender), which can help lower your payments. We’ll quickly help you determine your best options.
BENEFITS TO BUYING AN INCOME OR RENTAL PROPERTY
- Invest in your children’s future by securing their first home at today’s prices
- Buy your retirement home now, and have someone else start paying the mortgage for you
- Start to diversify your investment portfolio with real estate.
- The right income property can see 45+% annual return when factoring in principal payment, market appreciation and cash flow